- Sarah Johnson (MO) new Irish Language Officer for the Province
- On-line version of Treoir will be available in two years
- Canada has to become a province first, before it can make proposal for funding
- Meitheal money is available for a wide range of community development activities
- Glór nan Gael also another very good source of funding
- Strongly encouraged by out-going president of CCÉ, Vincent Jordan, to make the case, produce a business proposal requesting that Canada form its own province
- There is a recognition that Canada has a different history and different connection to Ireland that the US
- Ireland would support a request from Canada to form its province
- Ireland cannot commit money until we make the first move and provide them with a business case for why we need to be our own province
- The Canadian delegation asked that part of its start-up funding, Canada should request and be given a % of the ‘investment’ that Canada has already made to the North American Province over the last 30 or so years.
Welcome - Failte Romhat!
When the translation is provided submissions to the blog will be published in both English and Irish. Please send submissions to the webmaster address shown at the very top of the blog. Please visit us often. This blog is the companion of the Ottawa Comhaltas website: http://www.ottawacomhaltas.com/
Beidh poist a fhoilsiú i mBéarla agus i nGaeilge nuair is féidir. Tabhair cuairt orainn go minic. Is é seo an blag an compánach an láithreán gréasáin Comhaltas Ottawa: http://www.ottawacomhaltas.com/
Monday, 18 May 2015
The Chair attended the CCÉ North American Province convention in Parsippany, NJ in April.
Highlights of the Provincial meeting:
Respectfully submitted, Cathaoirleach
Until next time / Go dtí an chéad uair eile!